Driving traffic to website is the biggest challenge most people face. It takes time and effort, this article will help you to know the ways by which you can divert the traffic directly to your website. Some of the tips for driving traffic to your website or blog won’t be a quick fix and might require sometime while some of them will immediately start showing results.
- Keep long-tail keywords
Search engine work’s on keyword search. So, make sure your posts include all the relevant terms and phrases related to your topic.
Start an active forum on website this will quickly begin ranking for long-tail keywords. It will also help for decreasing your site’s bounce rate, increasing time-on-site, as well as building a community.
- Optimize your existing posts
Alter your existing post and make sure that they have unique and relevant title tags, URLS and meta descriptions.
- Work on headlines
Your headlines are the only thing which would attract users to read your content. While sharing your blog posts via social media; make sure your posts are having attractive and unique headings which gaze users interest.
- Frequent posts
According to Neil Patel of QuickSprout by posting high-quality posts 6x per week (as opposed to 5), blog traffic can increase by 18.6%. So, analyse traffic of your post and work in the same direction.
- Relevant Keywords
Make sure you have thought of every possible keyword and they present in topical content this will make you more visible on the web. You can take help of google adwords in this.
- Promote your Interview
Try to approach blogs that publish interviews of entrepreneur to take your interview. Their audience will definitely read the article and would come to know about you and your website.
- Mention links of other posts
When you write a new post, always make sure that you mention links of your earlier post, your readers may find it helpful. Also, from SEO point of view it will increase time-on-site, conversion rates, and referral traffic.
- Add your blog to Alltop
Alltop is an aggregate for all kinds of web content. Alltop is a website that helps you answer the question, “What’s happening?” in “all the topics” that interest you. Submitting your blog can increases your chances of getting found by the site visitors.
- Answer Questions
- Guest post on relevant blogs
Target relevant blogging websites and start writing few posts for them to promote yourself. If you would be a able to post a blog on Huffington Post or Forbes then you can see a boom in traffic to your site. This would also spread the word that you are expert in your field.
- Start or follow a Facebook group
Be a part of a specific group where members can ask questions and get support and don’t forget to keep promoting your website in the group.
- Promote your blog posts to your email list – Include a link or two of your blog posts in your signature. This will help you increase traffic, leads, and sales.
- Submit your posts to StumbleUpon
StumbleUpon is a discovery engine that finds and recommends web content to its users. Its features allow users to discover and rate Web pages, photos and videos that are personalized to their tastes.
- Categories your post
It is important that you sort the content into categories. It is not just great from SEO point of view, but will also help your readers to find content according to their preference.
- Swap your advertising
You can trade banner ads with other site in your niche. Google adwords can also help you publicize your website over web or mobile, but for it you need to spend some amount.
- Join a blogging community
- Promote links on Facebook – Mention your website’s link in your “About” page, in your photo descriptions and also in the comments that you will make in your posts.
- Submit your posts to Reddit – Reddit is an entertainment, social news networking service, and news website where registered community members can submit content, such as text posts or direct links, making it essentially an online bulletin board system.
- Get on YouTube – Start your YouTube channel, it will help you drive traffic out of all social media sites.
- Regularly post blogs on Facebook – Facebook has a large pool of users and sharing regular post will divert traffic.
- Study, Learn and Implement – Study your analytics and analyse your main source of traffic and put effort on the same areas.
- Start guest post on your website – You can always ask bloggers for guest blogging or you can ask them to write and a share blogs about you on their personal platforms. Their followers will read the article and traffic will divert from there.
- Add website URL to your blog post images – Include your website’s URL in your blog post images for optimal effect when pinned or shared.
- Respond to your blog comments – Respond to all comments on your blog. This will help you in building relationship with your users.
- Share your posts on Triberr – Triberr is a social platform that helps bloggers work together to share each other’s content. The site is built around various “tribes” or communities of interest. For example, there are blogging tribes, travel tribes and human resources tribes.
- Top 30 Health startups in Europe - May 28, 2016
- Top 10 European Automotive Tech Startups - May 10, 2016
- Top 10 Travel Startups - March 16, 2016
- Top 10 Fashion Startups Of USA - March 7, 2016
- Top 11 Startups Funded By Celebrities - March 6, 2016
- 26 Ways for Driving Traffic to Your Website - February 27, 2016
- Teespring – Design and earn through your style - February 16, 2016
- Moveloot a marketplace for buying & selling old furniture - February 16, 2016
- Product Hunt for product, apps and website – Ryan Hoover - February 14, 2016